How is your week going? My week has been a bit crazy, but it's a good crazy and I am SO excited about all of the things that are making it so busy, so I really can't complain at all! Despite all the good things that are going on, you want to know one thing that I've really struggled with recently? I feel like I have to be 100% professional here in this space but, as much as this space represents my business, I am a key component to that business. I know that when I feel connected with a business owners then I enjoy working with them even more than business owners who I barely know. This has sent me on a quest to find ways to bring more of myself into this blog so that I can genuinely connect with you all.
As I've been thinking through all of this, Alex Beadon launched her #feelgoodblogging campaign. A campaign to challenge bloggers/business owners to try something a little different in an attempt to both grow and connect with their readers. Intrigued, I've decided to just go for it. Stop worrying about what's "expected" and try it. I hope both you and I have some fun and learn some neat things!
Who am I? (Outside of my business.)
- My name is Stacia. I'm a twenty-something who lives with her husband and cat.
- I was born in Texas, raised in California, and went to college, fell in love, and got married in Southern Tennessee, where I still live.
- I adore animals and sloth videos are one of my go-tos when I get stressed. (Also, my whole family at various points has sent me this video declaring that Michael needs to do this for me.)
- I love, love, LOVE to read. My copies of Lord of the Rings and Pride & Prejudice have been read more times than I can count and are literally falling apart, but I've been on a memoir kick recently.
- I'd rather watch action flicks than romantic comedies and musical soundtracks are my jam.
- Making lists brings me a happiness that should probably be concerning, but it keeps all of the plates I juggle (in life and as I help clients plan their weddings) up in the air and not crashing on the floor.
- I really hate coffee but I adore going to coffee shops with friends and losing myself in good conversation with them (over tea or hot chocolate) for as many hours as possible.
- I am gluten free.
- Fall is my very favorite season especially now that I live somewhere that the leaves actually change colors.
- I ADORE DIY projects, especially ones involving paper. Crafting with my hands fills my soul in ways that few other things do.
Why did I start blogging?
I started blogging way back in high school with Xanga as a natural progression from my deep love of journaling. (I journaled almost daily from 5/6th grade through high school and less frequently in college.) I began blogging on a personal level mid-summer 2013 out of a desire to connect with some other amazing creatives from around the world. Now I blog to connect with and encourage brides, whether or not they're my clients. It's something that I really enjoy which is why is so naturally became a part of my business.
Who is my blog for?
My blog is for brides, their bridal besties, and anyone who needs etiquette help or wedding inspiration. It is meant to be a place to encourage and help brides embrace themselves and their personal style. In a world full of Pinterest pressure I hope to keep it real and give practical tips for the modern woman who wants to plan a wedding that represents her unique relationship and isn't afraid to break some of the traditional "rules" in order to achieve the wedding of her dreams.
What's something I've been working on lately that I'm REALLY proud of?
The things I'm most proud of are not in a place where I can share them quite yet, but one thing that I'm REALLY proud of is my own, personal, 100 Rejection Letters project. Finding a way to turn the thing that often stops me from reaching out into a "positive" outcome has drastically changed the way I've approached parts of my business. Even from the little bit of work I've done with this mindset, I can already tell that it's going to open up a lot of cool doors that will help my business become an even large asset to my clients, and being a helpful asset is something that's super important to me!
What's the one message I hope people take away from my blog?
That you are uniquely you and you should embrace that. Every person's story is beautiful, but not every story is the same kind of beautiful. I also want people to see that I really want to be part of creating that ideal wedding day with them.
Now it's your turn! Who are you and what have you been proud of lately? I'd love to know!