Happy November! How did your Octobers go? My October was eventful and a little insane, but a lot of wonderful memories were created that I'm so thankful for. Honestly, though, I'm rolling into November a little bit sick and a little bit exhausted. Michael + I spent November 1st binge watching movies and shows, napping, and just resting. We really needed a day like that after the wonderful craziness of October. However, November is looking to be MUCH slower, which is making me all kinds of thankful. I love busy months, but it's nice to have a slower paced month thrown in here and there. They're good for the soul and give me energy to accomplish everything that needs to be done during the busier months (they also give me time to prepare so that I don't lose my mind during the busier months.)
Did you have any goals that you set out to accomplish last month? How did they go?
I love goal setting and I love sharing those goals with you all to give you a peek behind the curtain and let you know a little bit about what I'm up to behind the scenes. I would adore it if you would join in and share some of your goals with me in the comments!
How did I do on last month's goals?
Put on a great Big Fake Wedding with the other Charleston vendors!The Big Fake Wedding was so fun! I can't wait to share the photos with you after they've been published on a wedding blog! Travel to Birmingham.Birmingham gave me a taste of the colorful fall that I've been missing. The wedding was also lovely and I can't wait to share the photos with all of you! Side note to the bullet above, but enjoy road tripping with Michael.We had a great time driving back and forth together. We enjoyed soaking up the fall colors and just being together. Do you and your significant other enjoy road trips?
- Dip my toes into Pinfinite Growth. I was overreaching when I put this goal onto my list. I didn't touch it at all.
Put dates on the calendar for the rest of 2015.We've set aside date nights and made a list of traditions we want to make happen again this year. I'm excited! Celebrate Halloween!Amy shared some photos from her party on her blog. Michael and I went as vampire Mary Poppins and Bert. It was super fun! Start thinking about our Christmas cards for this year.I know what I want to do. Now we just need to take photos and order them! Keep investing in our Thursday night community.Love this group!
- Get plugged in with the local Rising Tide community. This is another one that didn't happen. I had a scheduling conflict. Maybe in November!
Stay on top of all the other items that come with running this business - emails, client projects, blog posts, newsletters, etc.I missed a couple blog posts, but for the most part I managed to make this happen!
What goals do I plan to tackle during this coming month?
- Enjoy Michael's + my holiday date nights. (Michael and I don't do a typical gift exchange between the two of us, instead we like to give gifts of experience. Movie dates, theater dates - last year we got each other tickets to see Wicked, or any other type of outing that feels like a splurge or would be meaningful to the other. We have a few thing sprinkled through November and on in to December that I'm looking forward to.
- Set my brides up so they can focus on enjoying the holidays instead of worrying about their weddings. It's important to be able to enjoy the holidays with your family, and I don't think brides should stress out their weddings during that time, so I want to make sure I've done everything I can to set them up in a place where they can just enjoy the holidays and know that their wedding is in the perfect place to be attended to again in January.
- Complete our Christmas gift shopping + order our Christmas cards. Call me an overachiever, but I belive this sets us up in a place where I can also focus on enjoying the holiday season with Michael instead of fighting the crowds for the perfect gifts.
- Finish Pinfinite Growth. Now that my schedule is slowing down a bit for the holidays, it's time to finish this awesome class!
- Update my prices and website for 2016. I'm always tweaking my site throughout the year, but I have a few more changes and some pricing updates that need made for all of my 2016 packages.* Inquire now to get a quote based on my 2015 rates!* (I'm not sure how much longer they'll be available.)
- Celebrate my 2-year website anniversary. Though I started my business a little over two years ago, November is when I launched my website so I always like to call this month "Paper Swallow Events' Birthday Month" and celebrate with a giveaway. You should definitely keep an eye out for information about that!
- Launch an Etsy shop. Or at least get the foundation laid for one (photos, descriptions, header, etc.) At the Big Fake Wedding I received a lot of wonderful compliments regarding my paper flowers and hand painted globes. I even got inquiries regarding purchasing them and I want to create a space for that. Keep a look out!
- Get Christmas card photos taken with Michael. SO excited about this one. Pictures are my favorite.
What are some of your plans for November? Did anything exciting happen to you during October?