It's December!!! Christmas is my favorite, you guys! Like, I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that. I love the holiday lights, the Christmas cookies (gluten free, of course), the time with friends and family, the ugly Christmas sweaters, and that I don't need any excuse to drink way more than my fair share of hot chocolate. This time of year fills me with joy and everything feels just a little bit like magic to me. I can't wait to start this year's advent calendar tonight with Michael.
On a side note, before I get to sharing how I did on last month's goals and what my goals are for this next month, I wanted to let you all know that this is probably my last month sharing monthly goals. I used to really, really love sharing these posts with all of you (I love goal setting by nature), but over the past couple months they've just stopped feeling right. It may be a format change that I need to make or something else, but right now I'm planning on retiring these posts and coming up with some new, more valuable content to share with all of you each month. We'll see exactly what that looks like when January rolls around!
Last Month's Goals
Enjoy Michael's + my holiday date nights.We have more planned in December, but going to see James Bond and Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 were very fun date nights this past month! Complete our Christmas gift shopping + order our Christmas cards.Christmas cards have been ordered and a good chunk of Christmas shopping has been completed. What hasn't been completed, we at least know what we're getting each of those people.
- Finish Pinfinite Growth.
Update my prices and website for 2016.I still need to update these on the site, but I did all the calculating this past month. Celebrate my 2-year website anniversary.This one gets partially crossed off. Michael and I had a small celebration just the two of us, but I didn't celebrate quite like I wanted to in this space. Launch an Etsy shop. Or at least get the foundation laid for one (photos, descriptions, header, etc.)I need to finish taking product photos, but I have my prices, descriptions and items figured out. Almost there! Get Christmas card photos taken with Michael.You can see a sneak peek of some of these photos here. I'll be sharing more once we send out our Christmas cards!
This Month's Goals
We're keeping them short and simple for December because it's engagement season and there are always a million things that pop up outside of trying to balance enjoying the holiday with Michael. I want to be here for my clients (inquiries, too) and make sure I don't feel pulled away from them when this season is already busy enough for all of us.
- Share the rest of my holiday gift guides. You can see the one for the gentlemen in your life here. I have a few more coming over the next couple weeks!
- Enjoy the DIY activity-filled advent calendar Michael and I have planned for this month!
- Evaluate what worked and what didn't for my business in 2015.
- Help my brides avoid overwhelm during the busy holiday season.
- Enjoy my new adult coloring book (The Time Chamber.) I absolutely adore Daria Song's coloring books! In The Time Chamber, the illustrations are beautiful and detailed, and the story is whimsical yet loose enough that you can really let you imagination run wild. It is the perfect sequel to her first coloring book and brings the same consistent, delightful illustrations and imagination to the adult coloring book realm as she did in her first one. I can't wait to keep using it as a stress relief or as a way to unwind at the end of a busy work day! I'm so happy to have received it from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review because I'm already such a fan of her first coloring book, The Time Garden.
What are your goals for this month?
P.S. There are only a couple days left to enter PeetSwea's giveaway for a beautiful jewelry roll of your choice! This would be perfect as a gift for a friend or as a gift for yourself!