Woah! It's August! We've officially been living in Charleston for a month (even though we traveled for a good piece of July) and are beginning to feel settled. Our cat, Max, has finally begun to settle in, too, which is a good sign. For our first two weeks here he would follow me around the house constantly and randomly nip at my calves to express how upset he was. We've stopped that behavior now, though, and he seems much more comfortable!
Since it's August, it's time to check in with how I did with July's goals and share some of my goals for August with you. I hope you enjoy reading them and I would love it if you shared some of your own in the comments! :)
Last Month's Goals!
Unpack and settle in to our brand new apartment in CHARLESTON!We are mostly there. I'm checking this one off because we're waiting for a couple furniture pieces to arrive before we can finish. Explore our new city.We have been soaking up some serious rays, exploring downtown, and even found a swing dancing group. There is still so much to see, but we've made some good progress. :) Create my own office space!We're waiting for my desk to arrive, but we have an action plan and I'm excited! Keep developing my next secret project.We've been doing more research. I'm hoping to be done with this one soon. Enjoy time with Michael's family over the 4th of July.Yes! We loved hanging out at the lake with Michael's family and created some great memories. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving with them. :) Dive right back in to Paper Swallow!I have been doing a lot of tweaking and organizing and figuring out a new work flow behind the scenes. Our new apartment has huge windows, which gives me lots of fuel from natural light and makes it easier for me to be productive. It's been so good for my soul!
Now for this month's goals!
- Keep investing in community and start making friends. Making friends in a new city is a journey. We are working on finding groups that we enjoy and working events into our schedule that help us meet new people.
- Consistently attend the swing dancing gathering we discovered. We went for the first time this past Sunday and had a great time! Dancing was something Michael and I did a lot while we were getting to know each other (pre-dating haha), so it's fun to get back to our roots.
- Start brainstorming ideas for the Big Fake Wedding in October. I've been accepted as one of the event designers for Charleston's October Big Fake Wedding and I'm super excited!
- Finish my office space! I figured out what I want to do for a desk and am now just waiting for the parts to arrive. I will definitely be sharing this space once it's completed!
- Start Periscoping. Have you heard of Periscope? It's an app that allows you to follow people and alerts you when they do real-time vlogs or webinars. I'm honestly super nervous about this one, but I love the knowledge and content I've gained from watching other people Periscope and want to push myself to try it. I think it could be a super fun way to connect with you all! If you want to download the app and follow me, you can find me @PaperSwallowEvents :)
- Cut out all sugar (except fruit and honey) from our diet Monday-Friday unless it's a special occasion (a birthday party, holiday party, etc.)
- Keep getting up at 5:45 with Michael to go jogging before he goes to work. I have always been a night owl, but I recently discovered the joy of early morning quiet and am loving the new morning routine I've set up for myself.
What about you? What goals do you have for this month?