Coconut oil is without a doubt one of my favorite things in the world! It has so many uses for every part of life. From cooking to beauty, home to health. Recently Oil pulling has been rising in popularity throughout the internet, and it's brought attention to a lot of coconut oil's other uses. I'm a HUGE fan of healthy, natural, chemical-free routes of self-care whenever possible, so today I want to share with you 11 things you can try with coconut oil. These are things that might be great to try before your wedding, or just as part of your daily life to replace some of the more chemical-filled products you might be using.
1. Use coconut oil on a cotton ball to remove your makeup without chemicals. (I love doing this!)
2. Mix with sugar and use as an exfoliating body scrub (it feels especially great on your lips!) (If you do this one the bottom of your feet be really careful to wash your feet thoroughly before standing up...I may or may not have slipped the first time I tried this... Salt is rougher and does work better for your feet, but I don't like the way that feels on the rest of my skin. Give both a try and let me know!)
3. Mix some into your bath water to emerge with softer skin. (I haven't tried this yet, but you can bet I will be next time I take a bath!)
4. Use it to help prevent fine lines on your hands and around your eyes. It also works great as a cuticle cream. (Multiple products combined into one? Yes please! I'm all for simplicity where possible!)
5. Mix with avocado to create a hair mask that will help hydrate and nurture brittle hair. (Plus, both smell amazing!)
6. Add a teaspoon to smoothies to give yourself an energy boost. (Coconut oil is full of healthy fats like avocados.)
7. Massage into your scalp during showers to help prevent dandruff. (I do this on my cat Max fairly frequently. He has some allergies that make his skin itchy and coconut oil has helped him a lot.)
8. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and can be great for soothing minor cuts and burns. (I keep forgetting to try this.)
9. Coconut oil doesn't stain. So it's a great natural massage oil. (Also another reason why I never worry about letting Max run around the house with some in his fur.)
10. Mix with baking soda for a chemical free (and nicer smelling) Goo-Gone. (Especially helpful if you're removing price tags from all of the votives you've purchased for your wedding!)
11. Just a tad of coconut oil can really help you out if your zipper is stuck. (This can be helpful in so many situations!)
Are you a fan of coconut oil? What do you use it for?
*Disclaimer, I am not a doctor. These are things I have tried and observed, but I can make no guarantee and assume no responsibility if they do not do the same for you. If you are allergic to coconut, I do not recommend attempting any of these.